Navitel Navigator update for combo device RE900 FULL HD
NAVITEL® releases a software update for its hybrid device. Navitel Navigator version 9.10 is already available to the users. The latest updated introduces a significant revision of the notification algorithm for approaching speed cameras, high-risk road sections and service points.
In Navitel Navigator version 9.10.1996 new features are now available to the owners of the devices:
New system of notifications when approaching SpeedCams, high-risk road sections and service points
When activating navigation on NAVITEL RE900 FULL HD the driver receives visible notifications with a countdown to the closest camera, hazardous area or a service point. While following a route the notifications panel shows a list of closest driving regulations and their remoteness. The updated software includes an extensive list of traffic enforcement cameras (14 types), potentially risky zones (9 types) and service stations (7 types). The notifications are displayed on the right side of the display provided that "Navigator" is in the active mode.
The large-scale revision of Navitel Navigator aims to inform users more prominently, which will increase the safety of maneuvering. The driver gets timely notifications about speed regulations, camera type, control direction, as well as other useful information along the route.
Traffic enforcement cameras:
- Speed (A fixed speed camera). Used to detect the speed of vehicles.
- Lane for public transport (A fixed road marking camera for prevention of driving within public transport lanes). Used to detect vehicles moving within lanes consigned to public transport (such as buses, trolleybuses, trams etc.).
- Lane for taxi (A fixed road marking camera for prevention of driving within taxi lanes). Used to detect vehicles moving within lanes consigned to taxis.
- Lane for bicycle (A fixed road marking camera for prevention of driving within cycle lanes). Used to detect vehicles moving within lanes consigned to bicycles.
- Traffic on the roadside (A fixed road marking camera for prevention of driving on roadsides). Used to detect vehicles moving on emergency stopping lanes or roadsides.
- Stop lines (A fixed stop line camera).
- Solid marking line (A fixed solid marking line camera). Used to detect lane change violations, such as solid marking line or traffic island crossing. Also used to detect vehicle positioning within a lane when performing a manoeuvre (car spin, U-turn).
- Red light (A fixed red lights camera).
- Free intersection (A fixed intersection camera for prevention of stops on an intersection in cases of traffic jams). Used to detect stops within intersections, where stopping is prohibited by special marking and/or road signs. Driving within such intersections is prohibited unless free passage is possible.
- Seat belts (A fixed seat belts camera).
- Parking rules (A fixed parking regulations camera).
- Use of headlights (A fixed headlights regulations camera).
- No mobile phone (A fixed camera detecting mobile phone use violations – failure to use loudspeaker systems).
- No trucks (A fixed camera detecting violations when entering areas with prohibition of freight vehicles).
- Mobile camera (A mobile road traffic camera). Refers to locations of patrol cars, mobile speed cameras etc.
- Unregulated railway crossing
- Pedestrian crossing
- Dangerous crossroads
- Dangerous turn
- Attention children
- Restricted area
- Sleeping Policeman
- Attention change of speed
- Transport inspection
- Weights control
- Police station
- Сustoms control
- Eco class control
- Restricted for trucks (Restricted access for freight vehicles). In contrast to the camera detecting freight vehicles prohibition violations, this camera type controls the markings restricting freight vehicles navigation (in case of admittance restrictions without a pass, legal permit etc.).
- Fee station
Speed limit colour indication
Allowed speed limit on the road segment is displayed inside a red circle, on the right side of the current car speed. When the car is exceeding the authorised speed, the software sends visible notifications to the driver– orange colour block for up to 10 km/h overspeeding, the red one for over 10 km/h overspeeding*.
*Default settings are fixed at 10 km/h overspeeding. In order to change the value go to Menu > Settings > Alerts > Speed penalty.
Other updates in Navitel Navigator 9.10 release:
- Latest Q3 2018 maps are available;
- Indication of navigation in tunnels;
- New branded POIs (petrol stations, ATMs, shops, cafes, etc.);
- Increased detailing of maps.
The users of NAVITEL RE900 FULL HD can update their devices by connecting to a Wi-Fi or a mobile. In order to install the update follow the instructions.
NAVITEL RE900 FULL HD is a unique 2-in-1 device, which combines car DVR functionality with GPS navigation characteristics. One of the key features of the device is that it allows for simultaneous use of its two modes – "Navigator" and "DVR". The special feature of "extended reality" presents an opportunity to use navigational prompts when recording footage at the same time. When choosing navigation as the main mode DVR appears in a preview window, which could be easily dragged around the screen.